Can I get coverage if I self-build my tiny home?

- Do I still qualify for insurance if I build my tiny home myself?
- What if I'm a and want to make a tiny home to live in?
- Will I qualify for coverage if I buy an exterior shell from a builder and finish it myself?
- Can I still get coverage if my T.H.O.W. is NOT R.V.I.A. certified? 

These are some of the most common questions that we get from individuals looking for insurance coverage for their tiny homes on wheels...and we can proudly say YES to every single one of them. One of the only requirements to qualify for coverage on D.I.Y. tiny homes is the electrical work needs to be installed and/or inspected by a licensed/certified electrician. We would need their license number or a letter from them stating something like, "based on my professional experience I find the dwelling safe to occupy." 

We can also help with other areas that have kept tiny dwellers from getting coverage in the past including but, not limited to:
- Living in remote or rural areas (higher fire protection classes)
- Main source of heating is wood/pellet stoves
- Coverage for transporting or moving your THOW
- Off-grid / Not all utilities are hooked up
- Full-time resident
- Seasonal / AirBnB / Tenant occupied
- Parked on rented space
- Used reclaimed or salvage materials to build it
- And many other situations. 

The bottom line is we've worked through many different situations with our underwriters over the past couple of years. If you have any questions feel free to reach out and we'll see what we can do. 

Thanks for your support and let us know if we can help.

- Darrell